In light of the developments around the spread and potential impact of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) as well as heeding the directives and advice recently announced by President Ramaphosa – CCI as a responsible business entity operating nationally across Southern Africa, we would like to give you the assurances that all precautions, preventative measures and appropriate health practices are being implemented across our operations and offices.
Following on from the decision by Government to Lockdown the country to try and mitigate the spread of Covid-19, our office will be closing on 26th March 2020 @ 17:00. Our Finance, Sales and Technical Support Teams will be working remotely during this period.
As mandated by Government, certain Essential Business need to be supported during this time to ensure continuity and service of critical infrastructure and supply chains! CCI is part of the Critical Infrastructure ICT, Data Centre & Telecoms provision sector and will be fully operational during the national 21-day Lockdown.
To ensure that we continue to provide services without disruption, and protect the health, safety of all our customers, employees and business partners, we have instituted the following practices and policies with immediate effect:
- We have prioritised health and safety issues with attention towards responsible hygiene practices in the workplace and across our operational facilities.
- Whilst maintaining the continuity of our operations and services, we will follow the guidelines provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and international best practice guidelines in raising awareness of COVID-19 to minimise the potential risk of infection.
- We have set down specific conditions in terms of business travel, especially to known destinations where COVID-19 has been identified.
- We are also encouraging all our staff, customers, suppliers and others to make greater use of remote tools and virtual meetings to reduce the necessity to travel and personal contact.
- CCI Technical Staff and Installers have been thoroughly briefed in all aspects of our agreed protocols and are totally conversant with our Policies and Guidelines in dealing with this situation.
We can only provide On-site Support Services to businesses that also forms part of the Essential Services Industries as set out by government.
We have already been contacted by a number of our Clients that fall into this category and our Account Managers are already communicating how we will support their requirements.
All of our Support Teams will be set-up as follows:
Health and Safety:
- All staff are issued with masks
- All staff will have hand sanitizer in the vehicles
- Operation staff have concluded various Health and Safety training and Corona Virus COVID-19 educational information sessions to understand the virus and transmission risks.
- All Teams will have a Proof of Identification
- A Confirmation Letter stamped by the Department of Labour indicating that CCI is Supporting Essential Business Clients will be available to be scrutinized by Authorities and Clients
- Will carry Emergency Stock to be able to react quickly to our Client’s requirements.
All our facilities have been provided with guidelines, protocols, equipment and hygiene supplies to prevent any potential risk to COVID-19. All our Personnel have been instructed, and mandated under Company Policy, to consult their medical physician or the COVID-19 Hotline immediately if they feel ill or experience any of the know COVID-19 symptoms. They may not return to work until they have been cleared. This implies that onsite dedicated technical staff and Installers will not report to site if they are not feeling well or experience any symptoms.
Our Service and Support Desk, Business Management and Administration, and related capabilities are remotely manageable and operational via secure remote access, where required, for our authorised personnel
CCI uses Microsoft Office 365 suite of programs to run our operations that are highly available platforms that are all remotely accessible from both a service access and remote administration perspective. We will be driving for online meetings to limit face to face contact as far as possible, and recommend that our clients leverage these technologies, and a similar approach to limit the risk of exposure when interacting with us as far as possible.
CCI have fully functional Video Conferencing facilities in our offices in Cape Town and Gauteng which are optimized to use Microsoft Teams and Zoom Video Conferencing systems to limit physical meetings with clients and suppliers!
For any assistance in this regard please contact your designated Account Manager or our generic Contact Email Address:
Please note we will only be able to respond to Critical Outages. No normal Project or Installation work will be undertaken during this period.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate in contacting our offices:
National Contact Number: (South Africa) 086 0999 CCI
We thank you for your support in these trying times as we contend with risks and challenges that COVID-19 may present.
Support Contact Numbers and Escalation
Grant Benjamin – Operations Director : 072 482 5102
Hennie Viljoen – Operations Manager : 082 044 7040
Escalation : Steve Pinkney – Managing Director : 082 389 6500
Braam Van Der Westhuizen – Operations Manager : 071 689 1550
Anton van Heerden – Project Manager : 071 482 1369
Escalation : Deon Van Heerden – Regional Manager – CCI Technology Solutions North : 082 854 4983
We trust you find the above information sufficient, if not please contact your Account Manager or myself directly so we can address any concerns or questions you may have.
CCI Technology Solutions (Pty) Ltd
082 389 6500