Network connectivity forms the backbone of almost every successful business – whether it’s a corporate office, a retail venture, or a service delivery undertaking. It’s what connects your business to your customers or clients, makes transactions and data sharing possible, and enables even menial tasks such as printing that is often taken for granted. With so much reliance on the efficacy of a network system, and in an environment where every minute counts, it’s perhaps time for more businesses to consider upgrading to wireless networks for improved performance.
Traditionally, wired networks have been more popular than their wireless counterparts, due to the perception that they provide more reliability and stability in an environment where disruption can lead to serious profit loss. However, as technology has improved, wireless networks offer substantially more benefits, plus unbeatable reliability and speed.
Top Advantages of Wireless Networks:
These networks have a number of advantages, including:
- It’s much quicker and easier to install than a wired network: A traditional network requires extensive planning beforehand to ensure that connectivity is available everywhere that it will be needed. Then comes the cabling, which can take days or even weeks, depending on the size of the business. If not done properly, your network is vulnerable to damage and could pose a risk to employees or customers. A wireless solution, on the other hand, requires a fraction of the time and effort to install.
- Less space required: Because a wired network requires each user to be physically connected, it is dependent on an extensive physical footprint throughout your premises. While this might not take up a large percentage of a room, you still need to plan for the placing of the cabling and plan the rest of your workspace layout in such a way that you have easy access to the cabling if and when necessary. Wireless networks, on the other hand, eliminate this need almost entirely.
- You could enjoy a wider reach: The fact that it isn’t dependent on a physical network (as described in the previous point), also means that you can extend your connectivity to areas within your business that are not necessarily accessible for cabling.
- It increases the mobility of your team: While a traditional network requires your team to be at their stations to be connected, wireless networks allow for roaming within your workspace while being able to access real-time information. This can have a positive effect on the productivity and teamwork within your company.
- It offers more flexibility and scalability: Connectivity demands change over time. This can be due to the growth of your business, new functions or activities being introduced, or team members changing. Wireless networks provide excellent flexibility and scalability in terms of extending network connection, with relatively little effort.
- The cost of ownership is lower over time: Cost efficiency is a vital consideration for each and every organisation. While wireless networks may require a significant investment upfront, their cost efficiency is better over time compared to a traditional solution, partly due to the maintenance and hardware requirements of cabling.
- Effortless guest access: Reliable and secure connectivity is not only a requirement for your employees but also for visitors, whether it be clients, customers or partners. Wireless networks allow for quick and easy connectivity without compromising the security of your network.
If you’re ready to upgrade your office network solution, contact CCI Technology Solutions. We’ve been around for a long time and have established ourselves as leaders in providing cutting-edge connectivity solutions to some of the leading businesses throughout South Africa. We’ll gladly help you with your requirements regarding wireless networks, as well as a host of other communication and connectivity-related issues.